Thursday, December 29, 2011

Sunday Potatoes

4 cups mashed potatoes (6 potatoes) 1 tsp salt
3 cups cottage cheese
3/4 cup sour cream
1 TBSP grated onion or onion flakes, or 1/2 tsp onion salt
2 1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp white pepper (black can be used)
garlic powder to taste
cheddar cheese
chives

Whip together and put in a casserole dish. Top with cheese and chives. Bake 1/2 hour at 350 degrees.

As roommates in college, we would each make a meal once a week and share. That way we would eat real meals and get some practice making dinner. We would say we were training to be domestic goddesses. My good friend Roma put together a recipe book at the end of the year. It is one I cherish, I thought I lost it a little while back and I wanted to cry. Anyway these potatoes are something Roma's mom would make. They are delicious. I made them for two holiday parties this year and everyone loved them.

No comments:

Post a Comment